About the Church of the Transfiguration

Dedicated in 1907, the Church of the Transfiguration was built in memory of Joseph Stickney, the man who built the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods. Crafted from gray granite, the building features magnificent stained glass windows by D. Maitland Armstrong as well as one by the Tiffany Studio. The windows depict the 12 disciples along the side walls, the Ascension in the back, and the Transfiguration as the altar piece.